Length braced: 48″
Draw-weight range: 20-50 lbs / 26-28 inches
The original handmade Toth Scythian bows are beautiful products. They all have a nice leather coverage.
The typical Scythian warrior was a horseman who used archery as his prime offensive weapon.
Characteristic of a Scythian bow.
– It is very short.
– It has recurved tips.
– It has a setback centre section.
– The limbs are thick in proportion to their width.
– It is usually carried in a gorytos.
– It is primarily a cavalry weapon.
Please feel free to inquire about these products. There are more color options than you can see pictured..
The Toth Scythian bows are composite bows. The string is made out of „dacron”-which is a streatchable plastic, and we use „cevlar” for the string bandage.
* our adult bows’ draw-weights are measured at the standard 28”, but they have a draw-lenght from 26” to 32” usually.
– for target-shooting, we suggest weaker ones (up to 45 pounds / 28 inches)
– for hunting, we suggest stronger ones (from 45 pounds / 28 inches).